Airtable is a spreadsheet-database hybrid, with the features of a database but applied to a spreadsheet. Users can create a database, set up column types, add records, link tables to one another, and collaborate with teammates in real-time.
Integrating Heyform with Airtable lets you automatically sync form submissions with the Airtable database. You can seamlessly organize incoming data and collaborate with your team instantly.
Follow these steps to automatically sync form responses with AirTable Database.
- Authentication with AirTable
Airtable uses simple token-based authentication. To generate or manage your API key, visit your AirTable account page.
Under the API section in AirTable account page you can generate a new API key, if you have not done it before. Copy the generated API key and paste it in the HeyForm integration page.
- Select the desired AirTable Table
- Enter the Base ID of the AirTable Base you want to connect with. To obtain the base ID of your Airtable base, open the Airtable API page and click on the base that you want to use. You will find the ID of your base in the Introduction section as shown below.
- Enter the name of the table in the AirTable Base you want to send the responses to.It's crucial to type the table name exactly as it appears in your AirTable base e.g. Table 1.If you change the table name on AirTable, please update it in the corresponding HeyForm integrations page too, otherwise the integration won't work as expected.
3. Map HeyForm fields with AirTable table columns
- Map each question field in HeyForm to the corresponding column in the selected AirTable table. It's crucial to type the AirTable field names exactly as they appear in your table.
- You can map any number of fields by clicking on the "Add field" button.
- Please note that, if you change a field on AirTable table, please update the corresponding changes in the AirTable integration page. Otherwise the integration won't work as expected.
Once you are done with mapping the corresponding fields you can click "Connect with AirTable" to activate the integration.